Complex spine treatment
Complex spine treatment – Spine recreation
A wide range of spinal diseases have been long treated by medicine by both surgical and conservative methods in parallel. Like all branches of medicine, spinal medicine/spinal surgery has evolved a lot, and more recently, the new XXI. century “No Touch – Don’t Poke In!” approach is most widespread. Without disputing the need for surgical solutions, in some cases, Emineo Private Hospital voted in favor of complex conservative treatments using modern minimally invasive techniques from targeted blockade therapy to one-day “keyhole” interventions. The perception and cure of the diseases that make up the majority of spinal diseases (almost 80%), that is, age-related wear and tear, degenerative diseases (that the general public mistakes with discus hernia “only”) and the theory of the development of symptoms and pain have changed radically.
The method we use is based on „Spine Recreation Theory”, which largely builds on trust between the doctor and patient.
The method we use is based on “Spine Recreation Theory”, which largely builds on trust between the doctor and patient.
Both the theory and healing are complex. The goal is for the patient to recover on an outpatient basis, with minimal interventions, while maintaining his or her work and private life, and for his or her awareness of illness to disappear as soon as possible. An important pillar of this that should be treated and prevented is how the patient perceives PAIN in the long term (cronicization) which becomes fixated in the brain after a while as proven by Evidence Based Medicine (EBM). To LET IT GO, that is, stop having a mental state of having a spinal disease is also an important element of our Recreation Program.
The essence of „Spine Medicine and Pain Syndromes – The Recreation Program”:
- Accurate examination: specialist examination, recommendation on further examinations, evaluation, planning a personalized program, and follow-up.
- Acute pain reduction appropriate to the condition, which includes not only the treatment of pain syndromes caused by spinal diseases, even from the neck to the soles, but also designing a long-term rehabilitation program. Elements of a pain relief and rehabilitation program may include:
- Targeted blockade injections, combinations of analgesic and steroid drugs (including nerve, muscle, joint, fascia , complex spine and complex regions), depending on the symptoms (3 times every 3 weeks, repeated every six months).
- Infusion treatment series which may include combined administration of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, and analgesics, depending on symptoms (once daily, 5 to 10 times, may be repeated every 3 months).
- Individual physiotherapy program (spine, pelvis, core muscle stabilization, Schrott, sagittal balance, lordosis-kyphosis correction, posture-improving physiotherapy, McKenzie, manual therapy, stretrching, neuromobilization) at least 5-15 times, 1-2 times a week.
- Physical therapy: cold ultrasound, TENS, diadynamics, iontophoresis, magnetic therapy.
- Selective stimulating current therapy (neuroregeneration) in case of paralysis and muscle weakness.
- Spinal College, 40-minute sessions 5 times, where patients can learn about the anatomy of the spine, the essence of physiotherapy, spinal psychology, the relationships between family life and work with spinal diseases, and lifestyle issues in small groups.
In summary, our spinal recreation team work follows new research and trends in a complex, matrix-like, constantly expanding way. By retaining, using, and respecting all knowledge, but leaving the constraints away from traditional spinal surgery, our goal is „Patient-Centered Healing”. /Professional leader: Dr. István Bors /