Traumatology – Inpatient care
At Emineo Private Hospital, we perform the necessary surgeries in 2 large orthopedic-trauma operation rooms. Because we use state-of-the-art implants and fixation techniques for our surgeries at Emineo, the rehabilitation period is also shorter.
The process of surgery: in case of more serious accidents, the chances of recovery depend to a large extent on the speed of the intervention. Therefore, we organize surgery for our patients as soon as possible. It may take place
- on an outpatient basis (for minor injuries),
- within a few hours in one of our operating rooms,
- programmed within a day or two, provided the type of injury allows this without compromising the quality of healing.
In terms of timing, we always adapt flexibly to the life situation/request of our patients within the limits of professionalism. In order to speed up the surgeries, pre-operative examinations are also performed on site in an emergency.
Trauma surgeries may take from 30 minutes to 2 hours and are performed under general anesthesia and/or spinal anesthesia. The first hours of recovery may take place in our 18-bed exclusive inpatient ward, where the safety of our patients is ensured by Draeger medical monitors in our postoperative rooms. After surgery, varying amount of pain may occur for a few days, depending on the patient. After the amount of pain medication is set, our physiotherapist visits the patient in the in the patient room and prepares him/her for the exercises to be performed at home. As the procedures are usually performed on a one-day surgery basis, our patients can leave their homes either on the day of surgery or the next day.
What are the steps of aftercare?
Since we perform more than 300 types of trauma surgeries, which can be very different from each other, rehabilitation is often very different. It can be expected, however, that depending on the procedure, it will be necessary to return for suture removal and follow-up examination at the time specified by the doctor. In some cases, when the healing of the original injury is already advanced, the temporarily inserted metal fixators will also need to be removed by a small surgery. The importance, method and duration of physiotherapy also depend on the surgery, and the doctor and physiotherapist will inform the patients and their families about this.
But why is this good for the patient?
- For many injuries, when surgery is required, the literature defines a period of time within which the procedure should be performed to provide a much better chance of recovery than in case of a later intervention. Due to the lower workload in our private hospital, we pay maximum attention to these rules in order to achieve the highest level of healing possible.
- It is also important to emphasize that due to the material and design of the implanted screws and plates, early loading can be allowed, so that our patients can return to their usual daily lives sooner.
- For our patients, based on their feedback, it has been and will continue to be a priority that no hospital infection has occurred in our hospital so far. We can achieve this primarily by being a specialist hospital and only accepting cases where sterility can be ensured. In addition, we pay special attention to cleanliness, maximally ensuring the recovery of our patients.